Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

October 28. It's 42 minutes past midnight here. I hope the weather changes her mind and forget about bringing hurricane Sandy in this part of the globe. While I am still up, why not answer the questions for this award.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh. I happened to forget to finish this since I got distracted with watching (online) my current favorite TV series last night.

Well, hurricane Sandy is actually here now. Whistling wind gust. Some of our friends lost power already. We still have it, but occasionally it flickers. I lit one candle just in case we'll lose it completely tonight. I hope not.

We are maybe sleeping in the basement tonight just to be safe overnight since there are mature trees at the neighbor's yard and God forbid, what if it falls down especially when all of our rooms are upstairs.

Anyway, back to this blog award.

I was tagged by Joanne the other week, I think. It almost slipped my mind. Oops!

PicMonkey Collagelol

Thanks, Joanne for thinking of me and giving me this award.

"Liebster is a German word that means “dearest” or “favorite”. Other meanings may include sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers (or friends) who deserve recognition and support for their contribution in the blogosphere."

In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by the list of rules which are:
1.) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2.) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you must create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3.) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post. > Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
4.) Absolutely NO tags back. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

I won't tag any as I don't really know 11 active bloggers. But just the same, it would be cool if you do it how I did it, just answer and make questions for the fun of it.

Here we go!

Eleven Random Things About Me

1.) I am currently addicted to watching Bones. I am catching up with Season 5 now. I watch it even while eating. I love the show so much that I forget that I am watching gooey and dead stuff while having breakfast. Aside from being it very engaging and thrilling, most places mentioned and shown in the show are very familiar or I've even visited before.

2.) When I learned that some of my kids' friends read my blog, I am really pressured to write better. When you have a daughter that writes like a real pro, I just can't bring her shame by presenting crappy writing. Oh well, I tried and am still working on it. Visit the young lady's blog here and her awesome literary works here.

3.) I really wanted to be an actress when I was younger. I wanted to take up Theater Arts in college but when I thought of having to live in Manila, I got scared.

4.) I am kind of OC about this blog. I like my photos and videos in the same size, quality, and position. I like it with a very clean background like an online newspaper.

5.) I have never seen and touched a Barbie doll until my first cousin, Loyloy gave Yna two dolls when she was a year old (unfortunately for one of these Barbies, my young daughter decided to apply red lipstick to her face, permanently making her look like the devil). I played with mud, sand, leaves, and with our neighbors when I was a child.

6.) I love fashion and styles from the 1950s. Full skirts, pearls, petticoats, framed purses and soft hair curls.

7.) My most favorite ice cream flavor is Ube. I love it in Halo-Halo the most or if eaten alone, I love it sprinkled with peanuts or corn flakes.

8.) I drink lots of drinks at one time. At the dinner table, I have a cup of hot coffee or tea, a glass of juice or soda, and a tall glass of water.

9.) According to my sister, Charmaine and my son, I have the meanest lobster toe pinch.

10.) I am very transparent. You can tell if I am really happy, disappointed, mad, or sad. I don't bottle feelings. I tell it how it is to your face even if you are special to me but never behind your back. If you are not, of course I'd talk about you behind your back. There is always fun in that. But sometimes, I share my frustrations in certain situations about certain people in this blog minus the names. If I like you, I'll tell you about the existence of a blog post about you.

11.) I don't know why but people tend to tell me secrets and very personal information  It's so personal that not even the mister knew about 'em. I'll take them to my grave unless you pay me a trillion dollars per secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Why do you blog? Or what made you start blogging?
I live at  the opposite end of America and the world from my family--about six to 24 hours away by plane. They live in Bohol, Philippines and in California. I keep them updated with what's been going with us here with this blog.

2. What is the essence of being a woman (for girls)? a man(boys)? Or somewhere in between (bekis)?
I think women balance out the world; without us, especially the mothers, there would be less if not none at all, compassionate and nurturing people.

3. Who is your first crush? Why?
Gabby Concepcion. He was mestizo and was the most eligible leading man in Philippine movies when I was in elementary. I saw him first in the movie P.S. I Love You in grade two.

4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
One time, when I was accompanying one of our closest friends' mother shopping, I was trying my hardest to be polite and hold in gas, especially during the car ride. She had insisted it was okay and actually laughed it off, so when we got home, I immediately jumped out of the car and let it out, very loudly I might add. However, unfortunately for me, our next door neighbor happened to be outside at the time, and it was obvious he heard it because I heard him laugh with his son. big grin

5. How often are you late for work?
I am my own boss. I work in the basement of our home. There is no exact time for work or when I get off.

6. What was the worst punishment you received at grade school? Why were you punished?
I think, the worst was having to stand facing the blackboard in front of the class for being loud and talkative. Good thing though, I was punished with my friend. It was extra embarrassing because I happened to be the first girl in class to be punished; usually boys were punished. By the way, my friend is a doctor now.

7. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
When I was in college, I went out with my friends and my boyfriend ( He's my husband now.) to a birthday party and came home very late. There was a curfew in the university dorm where I stayed in Cebu and we had to climbed the concrete fence without getting caught by the guards to get home.

8. What is your most favorite restaurant?
For now, I love Sumittra Thai Cuisine in downtown Frederick. Read it here, here and here.

9. Have you ever cried watching a movie? What movie was it?
Oh, a gazillion times. The last movie I watched was The Seventh Grader. It was a docu-film from National Geographic. It was powerful and very inspiring.

10. Coffee or Tea?
I have coffee in the morning, the rest of the day is iced or hot tea. During dinner and after, I have coffee and tea.

11. Do you think I'm pretty and sexy? *Remember the Cybercrime Law ...chos!
Oh yeah! Oozing with sex appeal. Overflowing radiance and beauty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for my 11 questions. 

1.) What makes you follow and read blogs? Is it the beautiful photos, great story telling, or both?
2.) What was the worst thing that a person did to you? How evil was it?
3.) What is your favorite show and why?
3.) If you have to live somewhere else, where would it be and why?
4.) What was the nicest compliment that a stranger told you?
5.) Tell me one funny experience you had lately.
6.) What is your preferred beverage and why?
7.) Who is your favorite childhood cartoon character? Why?
8.) What was your favorite birthday experience? Why?
9.) What talent would you wish to have? Why?
10.) If you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?
11.) If you could own your own country, what would you name it?


Have fun and answer those questions.


16 comments:

Unknown said...

saw your daughter's blog and works... and wow! like mother like daughter... you are both wonderful in writing... ;)

1.) both for me.. the pics and the words...
2.) (can't tell you the worst... hehe!) so i'll pick one that i really hate... i don't want backstabbers... there's an officemate of mine who i don't know why but she always end up saying things about me (i know because i have reliable sources.. hehe!)
3.) i'm following Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries now... and also "Ina Kapatid Anak" from Ch. 2... i just like them, no particular reason at all...
3.) Italy (pasta and pizza galore) or Batanes (fresh air and green surroundings, not too crowded) or anywhere near a beach (relaxing ambience)
4.) always the same thing, stranger or not... they say i look young and i don't look like i already have a daughter... one time, i was with Sophie and a guard from the office heard Sophie called me Mommy and she was like "ay, anak nio pala Ma'am akala ko po kapatid..." me: (#big grin)
5.) during our Alumni Homecoming, i introduced my husband to an old high school friend and he was like kinda drunk already so he told my husband to take care of me saying "tinitingala namin lahat dito yan..." my husband was like "wow"... it might sound like they look up to me and they are proud of me but it's just a reference to my height...
6.) fruit juices.. more specifically ripe mango juice... my favorite since i don't know when...
7.) tweety!!! i just find him cute...
8.) for my birthdays, each one was special in their own way, i guess.... the most important thing for me is i always want to spent it with my family and my closest friends...
9.) singing... frustrated singer here! T_T
10.) Jericho Rosales (local), he looks really kind and of course, handsome! Ryan Gosling (foreign), i just love him as Young Hercules...
11.) Sophialandia... hehe!

Unknown said...

8.) *to spend

crybaby said...

Be careful, there's a price on your head, you know a lot already. hahaha!

Btw, who's the next door neighbor?

ZaiZai said...

nice to know more about you Lili! That utot scene is indeed embarrassing :)

1.) What makes you follow and read blogs? Is it the beautiful photos, great story telling, or both?
- both! :)

2.) What was the worst thing that a person did to you? How evil was it?
- cheat on me! beyond evil! :)

3.) What is your favorite show and why?
- a lot, but topping them all is Sex and the City. Fashion, friends, love and sex - all the things I love :)

3.) If you have to live somewhere else, where would it be and why?
- Japan! :)

4.) What was the nicest compliment that a stranger told you?
- I'm gwapo. I would want to be complimented as beautiful but gwapo will do :)

5.) Tell me one funny experience you had lately.
- I was watching a movie on the ipod and was feeling sleepy. fell asleep and the ipod fell on my face. natawa na lang ako :)

6.) What is your preferred beverage and why?
- anything fruity :)

7.) Who is your favorite childhood cartoon character? Why?
- Egon from the Ghostbusters. He is smart and funny.

8.) What was your favorite birthday experience? Why?
- When I was a kid, we celebrated it in the cemetery. My cake was on top of my lolas grave and mama had me blew all the candles. Tuwang tuwa naman ako :)

9.) What talent would you wish to have? Why?
- Know if people are sincere. Talent ba yun o super power?

10.) If you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?
- Paulo Avelino - he's super cute :)

11.) If you could own your own country, what would you name it?
- Zaicyland! :)

joanne said...

Yey!! Thanks Lili! And I love your answer to my Q#11! Hahaha.. I'll be back to answer your questions.. busy-busyhan mode lang muna!

Archieviner VersionX said...

COngrats Ms. lili :)

joanne said...

As promised, the radiant and beautiful me is back, hehe!


1.) What makes you follow and read blogs? Is it the beautiful photos, great story telling, or both?
Both!

2.) What was the worst thing that a person did to you? How evil was it?
Can't think of anything else but the cheating churvaloo, hehe!


3.) What is your favorite show and why?
Why is there two Q#3s?? I don't have a favorite tv show so I'll skip!

3.) If you have to live somewhere else, where would it be and why?
I want to travel and go to other places but I don't want to live anywhere else but the Philippines.. It isn't a perfect country but I love it here.

4.) What was the nicest compliment that a stranger told you?
A little boy said I'm beautiful.. Hindi marunong mag-sinungaling mga bata, di ba?

5.) Tell me one funny experience you had lately.
Nun pinagalitan ako ng pamangkin kong si Chin.. Kakain na kasi e busy ako sa pag-internet.. Nilapitan ako, tinulak ng slight, tas sabi.. "Kakain na, tawag ka na ni Mama, hindi mo ba narinig?".. sabay walk-out! Haha!

6.) What is your preferred beverage and why?
I'm a coffee addict!

7.) Who is your favorite childhood cartoon character? Why?
Tweety Bird! Cute and she always outsmarts Sylvester!

8.) What was your favorite birthday experience? Why?
My last birthday! When we went to Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure, first time kasi na umalis ako ng birthday ko..

9.) What talent would you wish to have? Why?
Singing!! Pangarap kong maging vocalist ng isang banda e, at mag-perform kung san-san.. Kaya lang walang wala akong talent, hehe!

10.) If you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?
Chris Evans! For the love of abs! Hahaha!

11.) If you could own your own country, what would you name it?
Joanne-tartica!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Gwapo rin si Jericho but naiinis ako sa pa-English-English speaking niya. :(

LOL @ #5

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hahahaha.

Our puti neighbor with the round swimming pool.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I can imagine #5. Super LOL.

#8 . Undas and birthday rolled into one.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

#9 . Super power yon at meron na ako non. Hahahahaha.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Mahal na talaga ang time mo. Muntik na akong di maka-afford. :))

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you. I worked hard for this award. LOL.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

O nga no? 2 #3s. Hahahaha.

I can imagine Chin as a character in one TV Sitcom. :)

joanne said...

Wahaha, may pagtatampo?! Antok show kasi ako lagi, hehe

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Muntik lang. Di ko kasi na feel ang online presence mo. Kala ko nilisan mo na ang cyberlization. :)

Post a Comment