Sunday, July 6, 2014

St. Thomas Roasters

In the last part of May, we traveled to New York for the mister and his high school classmates' mini reunion. The mister opted to go to a different route--via Pennsylvania for a quick stop at this independent coffee shop called St. Thomas Roasters in Harrisburg. We left the house early in the morning, and by the time we arrived there, we were hungry already. It was about a two-hour drive from Frederick to this coffee shop.

St. Thomas Roasters Untitled
St. Thomas Roasters St. Thomas Roasters
St. Thomas Roasters

I didn't really want to buy a drink by that time we arrived but the mister "forced" me to. He said to try their hot mocha (medium size was $4.43), which was one of their hot specialty drinks. Then the rest of us also ordered ham and cheese croissant ($3.20), except for the young lady who had spinach & feta croissant ($3.00).
St. Thomas Roasters

... and the hot mocha? It was an orgasm in a cup! Soooooo soo good! It was love at first sip!

Everything we had that morning was worth the trip. They were so good. You know that kind of feeling after having a bite that you wanted to have more? This was exactly it, but what's different here was we wanted more after finishing the whole thing. It was that GOOD! It makes my mouth water just thinking about that dining experience weeks ago.
St. Thomas Roasters
St. Thomas Roasters

...and then the mister recognized one of the customers who came in just as we were about to leave the place. That lady in gray top. He thought she's one of his Instagram followers that eventually he followed back too. I suggested that I'd approach the lady. and I was so excited to ask her if in fact she was the one on Instagram, but every one in the car blurted out... "NO, MA!"
St. Thomas Roasters

"That's just creepy!", the young lady added.

Hehehe. Well, we traveled across another state, and would you ever meet a person that you kind of know through a social media again? If she was a public figure, that wouldn't be creepy. Is it?

Well, anyway, I would really love to go back to this coffee shop. The drink I had there and their food was so much better than our local independent coffee shop that the mister and I used to be regular customers.



St. Thomas Roasters 
5951 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112
http://www.stthomasroasters.com 


11 comments:

crybaby said...

I love croissants, even the plain ones.


Re instagram, I never thought of that., maybe I will just let it go. Or maybe not. Maybe I will just pass by and say hi or maybe not. I don't know.

June | Life and Spices said...

I love the interiors. Hoping to have such business one day.

mike said...

lol...NO, MA!! that is hilarious!!!

Overthinker Palaboy said...

NO, MA!

-ganyan din reaction ko kung kasama mo ako at isa akong kapamilya. Haha

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Nakakanta jud ko sa let it go oy!

Yes, I know di ka mo dare. I'll do it for you.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Invite mo ako sa opening ha? :)

Marjorie said...

I like the old feel of the interior, though it's something I'd want for future home hehe... What's with the Starbucks bashing hahaha... The hot mocha is an orgasm in a cup, okay, I want one! Lol.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I see those kinds of stickers in independent coffee shops.

SunnyToast said...

papatok sa min 2 ni senyor! baka magsara pag kami ang tumambay sa lakas ng bonganga namin mag kwentahn at minsan ginagawa naming parang bahay lang...hahahaha:)

Alyssa said...

This post made me hungry. OMG Im loving their hot specialty drinks >.< I want to try them soon! :D

Unknown said...

OMG! Looks so yummy... now I feel hungry.. -_-

www.jewelclicks.com

Post a Comment