Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Fort

The moment the young lady's baby brother was born, I kept telling my favorite daughter to always take care of her sibling because when the time comes for the mister and I to pass away, they will only have each other.

Circa 2000 . When I would be in the kitchen, the big sister stayed with the baby brother and played with him in his crib. She even told made up stories during most of the boy's afternoon naps. She made sketches and drawings of her baby brother. Check it here.
circa 2000

Early this week, I told the boy to fix the living room. It was such a mess.

Me: Palihug gud ko tarunga ang sala bi! (Can you please fix the living room!)
The boy: Why?
Me: Kalat kaayo! Labad na sa ulo tan-awon. (It's so messy! It makes my head hurt!)
The boy: What kalat? That's feng shui. (What mess?)

raised eyebrows

The boy loves creating forts. He calls himself a "fort architect". He is the architect, the engineer and the builder. Recently, he's been building the simple ones. No dozens of blankets and pillows. Just this.
L1640046
Check his fort in 2011 here.

And just like in 2000 in the boy's crib, they fit in it. Together.
L1640051

For now, this is how our living room looks like with "The Fort". L1640045

Until here. Thanks for stopping by.

22 comments:

crybaby said...

They are the sweetest.

Julienne said...

wow! now I miss my in-house tents, using blankets and our old dining chairs (with tall backs)

jonathan said...

They probably look out of the window to see who's coming. What a sweet sister! I am assuming your children can understand your dialect but cannot speak it.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Asa liwat!? :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Invite my children over or you can come to join them. :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

The daughter is very fluent. The boy is mixed but can understand fully.

Senyor Iskwater said...

Awwww....touching... Gusto ko 'yung pic sa taas when they were still kids tapos 'yung similar pose sa babang pic and they're hiding sa 'the fort'...

oh my... so ate will be college na... too sad for jason... can't wait for first your post about it!

Vickky Mavs said...

that's so sweet.. :-) it made me nostalgic just by looking at those cute pictures...

Olivr said...

CUTE. he'd make a good architect one day. hintayin lang.

June | Life and Spices said...

Ang daming upuan.. sarap matulog..

Gellie Abogado said...

Adorbs :)

I remember doing those when I was in elementary school. It was usually when my dad and I would play Resident Evil and my younger sisters together with our cousins would gather at the back with the pillows and chairs while watching me and my dad play Resident Evil. And when the scene gets too scary, I would ask my dad to play alone as I join the kids in our mini fort. LOL


xoxo,
Gelleesh.com

trishie said...

That's adorable!

KULAPITOT said...

Nindot kaayo ang sala simple pero pang mayamn" what's kalat natawa ako dun

Pao Kun said...

wow. Modern ang look ng fort nya ngayon compared dun sa dating fort nya (dun sa link). Pero gusto ko yung pag kakagawa ng 2011 fortress nya.

Grown ups na sila. :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Ay nako. It's been years na na trying to paghandaan ni Jason ang time na 'to. But hanggang ngayon, may iyakan moments pa rin.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hello. Thank you for stopping by. :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Magkasya kaming apat dito at may extra space pa. :D

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I had to google Resident Evil. hehehehe.

Thank you for stopping by.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you for dropping Trishie. :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Every time I see a messy room, I'd think it's just "feng shui". Hahaha.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

If it's winter, maybe it'd require lots of blankets.

ZaiZai said...

I thought this was a bit of a mess, until I saw how the boy's fort looked liked, the one circa 2011!

Mas okay na pala to :) I thinks it's special how they had the same pose sa first pic and the pic of them together in the fort. Really cute :)

Post a Comment