Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day

On Christmas day, we didn't have to wake up early for church. Well, that was the major reason we attended mass at midnight ... to be stress free, be a little lazy and relaxed on that day.

Merry Christmas morning from our living room to yours.
L1590972

We opened our gifts from California and from each other before breakfast.
L1590976

As I said before,
Even if the kids ever choose to stop believing in Santa, we will still follow the tradition of opening gifts on Christmas morning. "Santa comes after midnight so why do some people open gifts at the same time when he comes down the chimney?" That was what the young lady asked me one time when she was a little girl. (read more here)
L1590979 L1590992

Jason got a jacket from my sister's family, cotton undergarments, turtle beach headphones, a cap from Yna, a handmade bracelet from his Mama Marj, a video game, and a Ben Sherman gadget leather tote from his Tito EJ.
L1590998

The mister got shirts, cotton undergarments, fluffy pajama bottoms with pockets from the kids,and I gave him...

... drum roll please...

An ax with a leather sheathe to protect the blade. He's been enjoying cutting the pine tree from the backyard that fell during hurricane Sandy.
L1600007

The young lady always wanted a new recorder since her little brother broke hers last year. Santa gifted her the wooden one.
L1600010

She also got a new watch, knitted scarves, a cardigan, a compact double mirror, a leather bag from the boy, another Ben Sherman gadget leather tote from her Tito EJ, a book, and a purse from us that is identical with the one we gave her best friend, and Sammy gave her a boat neck cat shirt.
Untitled Untitled

I got scarves, a new watch, a long sleeve shirt, a can of Teavana tea from my big sister, Lands' End waterproof winter boots, and a satchel from the same brand from the mister, a Tory Burch thermos and matching lunch box from the kids, and a bread maker machine from my brother and family (read about it here).
L1600015

After opening our presents, the mister prepared breakfast. Fried left over ham and sunny side up eggs.

We wanted to go to Best Buy that day not realizing that all stores were closed. See how deserted the highway was. Hahahaha.
L1600017

In the late afternoon, we went to our friends' house for dinner --- at the Santos' residence.


There was non-stop eating and laughter. But before we called it a night, we opened gifts again. The boy got what he asked from Santa --an RC Helicopter.
L1600051

Actually, he wanted nothing except for that remote controlled toy.
img002

Now, the boy knew that Santa is also his godfather, Josh. Hehehe.
L1600042
Yna also got an insulated vest with hood from the Santos family and cash and gift cards from her Tito Josh. We also got sweater tops, shirts, a huge pack of bubblegum, a candle in a glass, chocolates, and chocolate covered pretzels.

The following morning, it snowed again, then it rained and snowed again.
Untitled

..and back to the daily routine of cleaning up the living room mess.
L1600068

By the way, the green Longchamp bag was the gift from EJ.
399282_3427845474865_47146145_n

I hope you had a merry and bright Christmas as ours.


23 comments:

crybaby said...

I love brod's reaction when he opened your gift. And budoy's reaction too,when he gets surprised every time he opens a gift.

I'm jealous of Yna's pj's.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

lol.

Yna's pj bottoms was a Chistmas gift from Jen, Nick and Lucy before Rocco was born.

Lady Fishbone said...

Hello, it was fun Christmas! :)

Happy Holidays.

Dawn said...

You are not the only one who commented on the creepy Santa face that appeared in that one aluminum Christmas tree photo I shared. I honestly didn't notice it at first; I was so distracted by those dang lobsters, haha! Anyway, it looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Lots of family time and fun. Your tree was, again, very lovely looking. And your mister certainly looks quite happy to be receiving his ax. :) Have a wonderful New Year as well!

Senyor Iskwater said...

wow... it seemed like the family really had a great time celebrating christmas... i love the gifts... How I wish I got a lot...

Lalah said...

christmas i must say is perfect when family is around. the best ang christmas morning opening gifts, having coffee and chitchat. i love the pictures, docu na docu talaga! nice one! happy holidays!!

ZaiZai said...

You have a really lovely home Lili! Joanne and I were talking about how bongga your home is. Really nice presents you got - I really like the scarf Yna is wearing - so cozy and colorful! Nagulat ako sa gift mo kay Mister - not many can say they gave their hubby and ax for Christmas :)

Glad to see you had a fun Christmas Lili! Love! :)

June | Life and Spices said...

It seems your xmas is really something that you always look for every year. Merry xmas too!

Archieviner VersionX said...

Ang saya ng Christmas nyo. Inindian na naman ako ni santa. lol

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

SunnyToast said...

The christmas spirit was filled with your home. I miss the unwrapping of gifts since I was not able to spend christmas back home but I just sent my gift to courier:)

Anyway, thank you for sharing your christmas tradition and wishing you and your family joyous holiday season and smashing new year!

trishie said...

Your Christmas looks and sounds wonderful! And I love your Christmas tree.

Happy New Year to you and your family! x

Julienne said...

Dec 30 na, pero Christmas season pa, Merry Christmas!
today we also celebrate the feast of the Holy Family :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Happy New Year, Jessica! :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

The black mustache of that plastic Santa sticks out like a sore thumb. LOL.

Thank you Dawn and Happy New Year to you too.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

It looked a lot but the trick was if you give socks, wrapped it separately. Hehehehe.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you Zai. Na-pressure naman akong maglinis lalo para laging lovely.

My sister also gave a me different color like Yna's scarf. I think I am the only one who gifted a husband with an ax. Let me know if you know someone.

Happy New Year, Zai!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Merry Christmas to you too and a Happy New Year! :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Maybe Santa's gift is just waiting for you when you get home next year. :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hello.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope the next year, you'd get to celebrate the season with your family. I wish I can and I am hopeful for the next. (Sana maka-afford kami ng pamasahe. LOL)

Happy New Year!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you Trishie.

Happy New Year!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hi Julienne. Merry Christmas pa even if Happy New Year na! :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hey, Lala. I just saw your comment in the spam file. Ngano kaha?

Anyway, thanks for dropping by. Balik-balik! :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Find out why docu na docu ang blog posts ko sa About page. :)

Post a Comment