Sunday, December 30, 2012

Barbie

I thought my daughter outgrew her love for Barbie until I heard her one time singing in the dining room while I was in the kitchen.



Back in 2006 (I think.), our our former neighbor gifted her with a Barbie camera. At that time, she was not interested with it at all. So I just kept it in the storage at our basement.

After learning that she still watches and always looking forward to new episodes of Barbie Life in the Dream House on YouTube, I showed her the camera again and look how happy she was.
ynana

The mister loaded it with one of his stashes of rolls of film that are kept in our freezer. Don't ask me why but there are boxes of them with our frozen food.

The young lady brought her "new camera" when we went with the mister to Washington DC for their show at  Fort Reno last summer. (Read it here.)

L1540699

The young lady and her Barbie film camera.

L1540700
L1540745 Untitled

These are the shots she took from her Barbie camera.

Barbie_Superia_200_04

during the show of Hen of the Woods at Fort Reno
Barbie_Superia_200_06 Barbie_Superia_200_07 Barbie_Superia_200_03 Barbie_Superia_200_10 Barbie_Superia_200_02

our backyard during the summer

Yna's photo

during the high wheel race in downtown (Read it here.)
Baribie_Superia_800_22 Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

in Carroll Creek in downtown after the High Wheel race
Yna's photo

her friend Kathleen in one of their summer hike in Cunningham Falls
Untitled

during our summer camping in Rocky Gap (Read it here 1 \\ 2 \\ 3)
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I remember one time, I asked one of my cousins to share photos of her travels and she said, "When I get a new DSLR camera". I think, it wouldn't matter what camera you use -- whether it's a toy Barbie camera or a Leica M9 Titanium. It is not the tools but the skill you use to make the end product.

"It's not the arrow. It's the Indian."

That's all for now.

11 comments:

Senyor Iskwater said...

we might have outgrown childhood but not Barbie...

I should know. I wanna have one... lol

Archieviner VersionX said...

I want camera too pero di barbie ah. May camera na pala ako. lol :)

anney said...

Supercute Camera! She looks so happy in the picture! Advance Happy New Year!

Lady Fishbone said...

ang cute ng mga camera (inggit) lols :)

Happy new year

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

hehehe. I never had Barbie when I was a child. Plastic pink doll from the palengke was my toy.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Nukaba? DSLR nga yang camera mo. Baka Leica M9 Titanium nga yan. :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hello. So happy that she went gaga.LOL. Happy New Year sa iyo!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Happy New Year, Jessica! :)

Steph said...

That is so awesome! She has an eye for great photos. I like that arrow/Indian saying.... Well said, LiLi.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you Steph.

aimee said...

Yes. It’s talent!!!!

Post a Comment