Monday, June 24, 2013

Tomato

In the kitchen, slicing tomatoes, for the mussel soup I was cooking.

Mister: Nganong itum man na? (Why is that black?)

He was referring to the tomatoes. They're not really black but brown. Black is itum in Bisaya. 

Me: Mao gyud na iyang design. (That is just its design.)

Hehehe.

Me: Kahibaw ka unsa ngan ani nga klase sa kamatis? ( Do you know what's the name of this kind of tomatoes?
Mister: Unsa man? (What is it?)
Me: Itum-matoes!

rolling on the floor

Actually, this brown tomato is called kumato. It tastes sweeter compared to the red ones.

Kumato . the brown tomato

8 comments:

crybaby said...

hahahahahaha

Julienne said...

LOL nice 1! :D

jonathan said...

I have never seen brown tomatoes before. Where do they grow them? Love the comdey part.

leonayuk said...

hehehehe bang bakdayb si J!

marj said...

Hahahaha

Wa pa mi kasuway ana

trishie said...

I love kumatoes! They are definitely sweeter...and tastes great grilled with a bit of S&P.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I have no idea where. I just learned from my sister-in-law in California that she has not seen kumatoes in their local supermarket.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I love it together with salted dried fish!

Post a Comment