Tuesday, July 22, 2014

CPI Weekend

Last weekend, the mister and I went to Lansdowne Resort in Virginia for the mister's annual overnight office event. Free accommodation, food, beer, wine, and a spa worth of $100! Having given the chance to rest and relax for free at a nearby resort, I don't really look forward to this event before.

I don't know exactly why. Maybe because I do not know what to wear. Honestly, I hate shopping for my clothes. I do not like dressing up other than the usual clothes I wear---faded and old cut-off jeans, plain V-neck shirts, and a pair of flat shoes or a pair of beat-up rubber shoes with a pair of my old holiday colorful socks. I can't wear tattered cut-offs to this kind of gathering. I just don't think it is appropriate.

...and maybe because I am not comfortable with some of the people there. Yes, I know these people since the start of the new millennium, but they have bonded already with each other for a long time. They are a group that constantly spend time as much as they can. They do things, and go on trips together. Compared to me, I am just someone from the outside looking in.

Don't get me wrong. They are not mean. These people are wonderful, and I have no beef with any of them. Some of them were our neighbors before before we moved to a different city which is about 30 miles away. But, you know that kind of feeling even if they talk to you, and yet you still feel distant? Exactly that kind of feeling when you always try to be careful and have reservations because you don't know a person beyond the face and the name. I do not want to offend any of them or maybe, some of them might not get my humor. I also have this feeling that some of them do not even know my name and can only recognize me by the face. Thinking about it, who knows maybe some of them also feels the same way as I did.

I brought my signed copy of Wicketmouth-Unang Putok book (written by a blogger, Glentot, and illustrated by fellow blogger, Sir Mots of Titser's Pwet) and a handy-dandy notebook with my black Erasermate pen. Just in case no one will talk to me, I was ready. I can settle in one corner of the resort, read a book, or scribble on my notebook while the mister and his colleagues will have their annual training.

No. That didn't happen. I did not have an alone time because I had too much fun with most of the Filipino wives. Most of them are unaware about this blog, but four five of them told me that they read this blog. Hello, ladies, Rey, and Rhett.

CPI R&R 2014
CPI R&R 2014
CPI R&R 2014
Photo by Dayang CPI R&R 2014 CPI R&R 2014 Untitled Untitled
20140719_174206
14694367545_9645496a21_o.jpg Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled 14509048318_462f07ffd6_o Untitled
Untitled Untitled
14697105254_08be9eece0_o Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled 20140720_114333 Untitled
Untitled 20140720_115752 Untitled Untitled

So, that was my weekend. How was yours?




12 comments:

RhettRhatto said...

Bang!! Tua ra!!! Nahipatik gyud akong binunyagan.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hahaha. Wa gani pa nako gishare kay mauwaw ko. Nahibaw jud ka ba nga special mention ka. :)

Marjorie said...

Looks like you had fun, the place is beautiful, and wow the food. I'm sure you're glad that you went and I'm happy to see that you get to bond with other people there. Is that a Furla bag? It's my dream bag! I am so envious!

mike said...

oh my, you had me at the mojito and the margarita....refreshing!!! :)

jonathan said...

What a wonderful weekend. I spent mine at the beach- sitting, eating, sleeping. I felt like a pig, lol! I noticed how some of the photos have stories to tell. Fave one is the matching colour of the chair seat cover and your shoes.

Bisaya Mommy said...

tsk tsk wala man diay ta selife nato duha te ;) hehehe tua ra ang mojito ug crispy pot stickers!!!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Yes, it's a Furla candy bag. :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

You always notice the photos I love in the set. Not a lot of people see it, and you always do. Thank you, Jon! Enjoy your vacation at home with family. I can't wait for your posts about it soon.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hi Mike. I want a mojito again... like right now.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Wa gani ta nagka storya ug dugay. Sa sunod pohon. Lami man diay ang crispy pot stickers. :)

Senyor Iskwater said...

nasa bahay lang ako nung weekend... buti ka pa colorful man ang weekend mo!

yccos said...

I love your bag! Hehehe. Supercute!

Post a Comment