Monday, June 23, 2014

No Panty Day Was Yesterday

...and it was the summer solstice, and most of all it was also my birthday. We didn't do anything lavish yesterday. No fine dining or luxurious hotel accommodation with friends and family. Nothing like that. I always wanted it to be simple and intimate because, honestly, spending so much for celebrations do not really make me happy anymore. As I grew older, I learned to appreciate the non-material things that life has to offer---good health, love, faith, patience, acceptance, appreciation, and contentment. I am always thankful for my family. For my friends, although I haven't seen most of them in a long time, but I continuously pray for them and thankful to have them in my life. ...and oh, my friend EJ from London just told me that he'd swing by for three days to visit us from his trip in New York early next month. Isn't just that so sweet of him?

Yesterday, the mister took me somewhere I love to go --- to the antique shops in downtown. I didn't buy me anything there. I just love looking around shops like these. There, I saw items that celebrates June 22 which is a "No Panty Day". There is no information anywhere why it came about but all I can say, it's just because it's my birthday, and I was born with no underpants on.

1974 Playboy. No panty day!
Untitled

These old tumblers say no panty day too, except for Yosemite Sam.
Untitledd

Before we headed home, we stopped by at a shop that the mister insisted to stop by. We bought cupcakes in Tiffany blue boxes. I knew that cupcakes from independent shops are sold from $2.50 up each. I kept insisting that we could just get a dozen donuts which will probably cost around $7. He said, it's my birthday and it's a special day.
Untitled

We had a super late breakfast. Actually we ate breakfast food for lunch. The mister made coffee and pancakes while I also made cinnamon apple sauce and cooked bacon. So, we also ate lunch/snacks so late--almost dinner time. We had hotdogs on a bun also known as fair food by the boy. For the young lady, I made her fried tofu with onions and bell peppers seasoned with pepper and Hoisin sauce.
Untitled

These were what's inside the blue boxes.
Untitled

It's a happy birthday to me. After our simple feast, the boys went outside to mow the lawn, while the young lady and I recorded a video.
Untitled

Around 8:00 PM, the mister took me to a nearby place for Margaritas and fish tacos.
Dating.  #margarita

This was the video that Yna made for me. I love French songs and I always listened to them while I do my chores.

The other year, my children recorded Creep. Watch it here. Last year, the young lady was quite busy. But this year, she made time for me before she leaves for a 5-week student conference in Korea.

Listen.


Until here.


4 comments:

jonathan said...

Belated happy birthday and simple it may be, it was complete! Have a blessed day!

June | Life and Spices said...

HAPYY BIRTHDAY Ms. Lili! Grabe ang playbpy mag kahit nuong panahon pa talagang wild na. lels.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you, Jonathan!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

At least ang Playboy noon nakashirt at hat pa, ngayon wala ng saplot. hehehehe.

Thank you, June. Happy birthday to us. :D

Post a Comment