Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Year End Thank-You Report

My 2014, in my opinion, passed by so quickly. It's the eve of the new year, and I have no doubt that I will cherish and enjoy every moment of the coming year. You know, I am not getting any younger, and my kids will be slowly building their own lives too in the not so very far future.

I have realized that the year didn't just pass by, but more importantly, I've gained wisdom from the people I've met, and I've learned lessons from my experiences and my adventures.

I have learned to be more thankful for the times spent with my family. There were quite a bit of misunderstandings along the way, but somehow, I realized that they were there to make the relationship stronger.

I am thankful for the friends that opened their homes and hearts for my family and those who allowed us to continue sharing our lives with them too. I'm thankful too for the friends that left and came back. I think that the first time just didn't work because we weren't mature enough then. Second chances are better and sweeter, in most cases.

There were things that I did not want to happen, but I knew they had to. There were people that I wanted to hold close to, but I had to let go. There were times when it was better to cry than to pretend that everything was alright. For all the chances that I was given, for the times that I had to cry and laugh, for the people that didn't want to hold on and left, I am grateful for those are the many reasons that I am welcoming the coming year stronger and wiser.

For all the things that were hard to understand, I just have to remember always to take everything as a lesson.

Let me also thank my fellow bloggers for continually inspiring me and to my readers-- the silent, and most especially to those who leave me comments. I am also extremely grateful for my customers and the supporters of June22, especially the repeat buyers aka "suki".

For 2015, I will live my life with all honesty. Sometimes, it'll hurt, but to stay honest, you should also accept the truth. Ouch! I'll try.

I will NOT plunge into every difficult, and challenging situation with an angry heart. I will give myself time to cool down, and edit the words that will come out from my mouth, and in my case as a blogger, from my keyboard.

I will do things that will make me smarter, wiser, healthier and nicer.

I am praying and hoping for a greener and more peaceful world and a calamity free Philippines, especially my home island, Bohol. Last year, the island and its neighbors suffered a 7.2 magnitude earthquake, and soon after, Yolanda happened. After Christmas this year, with the island not yet fully rehabilitated from the past calamities, typhoon Seniang brought flood, landslide, death, and loss of homes to the island.

Lastly, may the coming year be as colorful, bold and fearless as my patterns, colors, and print in this photo, and let's all enjoy life with a good heart. It was nice meeting you, 2014! Hello 2015!

L1800148
Fox socks were a Christmas gift from my elder sister in California. My clogs were thrifted for $3.00.

12 comments:

Marjorie said...

Nice thoughts to close the year by. Happy New Year Lili!

ღღČяїstinEεїз said...

Wow! another inspiring post. The last year has been really great! I should thank you for being a part of it too dear! Looking great as always! Love the socks and shoes <3

love lots,
Tin

mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

jonathan said...

How honest and so fitting for all. Sometimes it takes one year to pass to let go so we can move on to a new life. May this year be a better one for all. God bless! Happy New Year!

jep buendia said...

Happy new year po! :)
Salamat sa mga words of wisdom ng blogpost na ito.
Natututo rin ako :)

crybaby said...

I feel you. There's so much to be thankful for the past year. Praying for another good year for you.

This photo depicts you ---- funky.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thanks Marge. Happy New Year!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thanks Tin.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thanks Jon. God bless and Happy New Year!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hello Jep. Thank you.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thanks, Char. I hope you got your Christmas gifts already.

ZaiZai said...

I wish your 2015 is twice as great, meaningful and insightful as last year :)

Hugs Lili! Happy New Year! BTW, I love the fox socks! :)

crybaby said...

It has not come yet. I hope tomorrow it will.

Post a Comment