Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Blue Ridge Market

I was supposed to publish this post early last week but the mister's laptop didn't want to work with me. Mine died earlier of this year already, and I have no plan of buying a new one yet. I overused one virtue this past week that I slowly learned all these years---patience.

The other Last Saturday, the mister and I went to an event downtown hosted by Citizen Frederick held at the patio of Volt Restaurant. It was the debut of the Blue Ridge Market, a bi-annual event for local makers and hand crafters near, and around Frederick. Before going there, the mister already knew what to get --- a wallet and a hair product. Me? I had no idea at all what to expect. All I knew was all the traders would be showcasing their well crafted goods.

The mister and Antonio, one of the owners of Citizen Frederick
edited_file

Nolan (in plaid shirt, no glasses), another owner of Citizen Frederick
edited_file

Jay bought a piece from this shop.
edited_file

There was a lady who stood beside me to check out items from this vendor. I really fell in love with her bag. I heard my heart said "paboom paboom". I love the natural stone as a button of the purse.
L1780535

Items sold at the market were leather goods, hand-poured candles, homemade soaps and oils, jewelries, paper products, pens, beautiful bikes, kitchen utensils, ties and bow ties, lighting fixtures, wooden furniture, and more.

L1780538
L1780539
L1780537 L1780541

I liked these wooden bow ties.
L1780559

This one I liked the most. The material was artistically and naturally designed by nature and termites. It's one of a kind.
15629739632_de8bf9360d_o
L1780542

These crab mallets are fancy.
L1780547

I asked the mister what was the red cords for on that wheel. He said, "Aron dili mosabud ang palda sa ligid!" (So that the skirt won't get caught in the wheel). It's a skirt guard. Wow! This is for us, ladies! I learned something new that Saturday.
L1780551

There were marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolates on a table in one corner of Volt's patio. At the center of the venue were seats and a fire for warmth and s'mores.
L1780552 L1780549 L1780550 L1780553

One regret I had was not checking this shop. I totally forgot the mister wished for a fountain pen for a long time. Christmas is around the corner, and why didn't I checked their stuff?
L1780560
15008131624_e2772dd0f7_o
L1780561 L1780562 L1780563 L1780555

The mister bought hair product from Citizen Frederick, and...
L1780529

a small bifold leather wallet from Almanac Industries.
edited_file

See you in spring for the next Blue Ridge Market.


citizenfrederick.com
instagram: citizenfrederick

www.theblueridgemarket.com
instagram: blueridgemarket

9 comments:

jep buendia said...

Hawig ni "the mister" si Antonio :) o baka sa balbas at bigote lang.

Parang isang sosyal na tiangge ang inyong pinuntahan.
Ang mga nagustuhan ko po ay ang mga sumusunod:
-yung typewriter (binibenta rin po ba iyon hehehe)
-wooden bow ties!
-at yung martilyo :)

Ang saya naman po ng place na yan, lalo na nung nakasindi na ang mga ilaw.
Blue Ridge Market :)

Olivr said...

awesome items, parang magandang ibalandra sa interiors ng bahay. classy tignan.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Yes. That's what I thought too. Magkamukha sila.

Limited ang lugar kaya may tickets. LIbre naman sya. Hinanap ko si Top Chef Bryan Voltaggio (isa sa may-ari ng resto) para magpapicture sana, kaso wala.

May nagbibinta pa rin ng mga lumang typewriter ngayon kaso mahal na. Nabili namin ang amin years ago for $35 lang. Ngayon $100 or more na.

mike said...

i am a big fan of bow ties. first time i am seeing one made of wood though. i love it but it looks like it feels a bit heavy for the neck.

jonathan said...

We have flea markets in here where they sell vintage things. I have not been to one for quite some time as I heard they moved to another location. I like visiting art markets though just like the one in Amsterdam where you get to meet the artists. I heard Manila have art markets now. I like the idea on how you support local manufacturers by buying from them. Our Christmas shopping should start from the local producers around us. More of these great markets please in your next posts.

ZaiZai said...

Hi Lili! I miss being here :)

I agree, may hawig si the mister and si Antonio, syempre mas handsome nga lang si the mister.

My heart went paboom paboom to, seeing such nice stuff! Bakit walang mga ganyan kasi dito hehe :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I've seen some wearing wooden bow ties on Instagram.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

The mister and I always consider the independent sellers and the handcrafters as well. We also love going to farmer's market.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hi, Zai. Welcome back! :)

Baka meron kaso lang tiangge ang dating. Walang s'mores at fire. :D

Post a Comment