Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Utot

Utot - (n.) \ˈü-tüt\ Filipino term for fart. 

Today, the boy's friend, Christian asked for a ride home. Although his house is so out of our way, and he usually rides the bus home, I willingly said yes because he's my son's friend and he is a wonderful respectful young man, plus he needed a ride home.

While on the car on our way to his house...

The boy: I really want to utot (fart). I have been holding this for the whole day.

It was raining all day, and all the car windows were close. So I said...

Me: HOLD IT!
The boy: But... Maaaa!

When my kids answer me "But Ma!", sometimes I think I am a super hero. That is always why I answer them too with--"I am not Batma! I am Superma! tatarararaaaannnn!" which always results in annoying them. Hahahaha.

Me: Hold it! Christian and I don't want to inhale your fart in the car. That's just dangerous. Fart is considered a deadly gas, you know!

My backseat passenger was just laughing in the back. Eventually the boy said yes, and held his fart again.

Me: Hold it until it becomes a burp. Then, burp it outside through an open window.
The boy: Ma, that's gross.
Me: What's more disgusting--Christian and I inhaling your fart or you burping your fart outside the car?!

Hahahaha.

It was kind of a lengthy ride. We passed by dried corn and soy fields, meadows, woods, three churches, the boy's elementary school, plus Christian's house has a long driveway on a hill.

A few minutes later, after dropping him, the boy let it all out inside the car. I can tell he felt relieved by his long...

The boy: aaaaahhhhhhhhh!
Me: Doooooy! Sirado ang windows! (The windows are closed.)

Untitled

Then I immediately opened the car windows. By the way, close friends and families call him Doy or Budoy.

Me: Giingnan bitaw ka nako bisan sa elementary pa ka nga kung mangutot, go sa bathroom. Bisan ug manghingugmo, go sa bathroom! (I told you even when you were still in elementary that when you fart, you go the bathroom. Not just that, even when you pick your nose, you go to the bathroom.)

The boy: Yes, I know, Ma! But, I have been holding my utot the whole day. I couldn't hold it anymore.

Me: Then nganong wa man ka niadto sa bathroom ganina didto sa school? (Then, why didn't you go the bathroom earlier in school?)

The boy: Ma, going to the bathroom in school is crucial. You'll miss a lot in class even if you're just going to the bathroom.

*sigh. I guess his reason is acceptable. He held it for so long, and thought of not missing anything in class is sympathetic for others and valuing his education.

Hehehehe. Oh! Okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment