Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Month Commitment

I challenged the Mister last month : Less or NO MEAT (land animal meat) at all for the month of February. He said YES! I thought he was kidding because about 2 years ago I asked him the same thing. His answer was a straight NO! Yna stopped eating meat around September of 2008. I thought the rest of us should follow. It can be time consuming to cook 2 different food every meal---for the No-meatarian and for the carnivorous.

Last Sunday at the Asian store.
Jay: Why are you getting corned beef?
Me: ...because you like it!
Jay: I thought there's no meat for this month?
Me: Oh!

You guys, he is serious this time! I have been cooking mostly veggies, and occasionally fish for over a week now. Jason doesn't like it at all. He loves his chicken. The boy has no choice but join the bandwagon.

The other night, we had Fish Soup with Lemon Grass and Ginger. The kids don't like fish unless it's fried so they ate soy tenders. You can not tell the difference though.


kicproductimage-125337_chikn_nuggets

Last night, I whipped up Broccoli Cheddar Soup (Click here for recipe. I used soy milk for this recipe.)
broccoli and cheddar

and Sauteed Eggplant and Squash with Shrimp in Shrimp paste.
Eggplant and Calabaza with shrimp

I have no idea what to cook for dinner today but definitely you all have an idea. It's going to be veggies again.

I would definitely consider to have less meat for a lifetime. Don't tell my boy. ;)

Here's to a healthier beginning! Cheers!


Follow LilianaJones on Twitter

2 comments:

crybaby said...

WOW! ... i've been a no-red-meat for 5 years, it's hard doing so here in the philippines. most people here eat meat. fiestas and parties, they only serve pork and beef, and often there's chicken, but seldom will they serve veggies :(

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

crybaby: that's so true. i miss meat already. :(

Post a Comment