Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hello from my Kitchen

It has been two weeks since I last baked bread. Well, I made banana-carrot bread the other weekend, but it is not really made with dough. It's considered a cake, in my opinion.

So, yesterday, I decided to make bread again. I baked a batch of cream cheese-filled bread. The mister wanted me to bake loaf bread, but since he and the young lady are leaving very early the following day, I opted for a bread that doesn't need palaman (sandwich spread or something to stuff it with). It'll be easy, and not as messy when the bread is baked filled  with something delicious in it already.

BIG MISTAKE: I didn't have enough time to chill the cream cheese filling that it was too runny to handle it when I filled each dough. Instead of baking it facing the seams down, I baked them facing up so that the filling wouldn't leak. Sounds like sewing. Hehehe. I do not know what the exact term for it.

Here's what it looked like. The reject! It opened.
cream-cheese bread

This was what I wanted it to look like, or at least prettier than this.
cream-cheese filled bread

Verdict: The mister said that the filling is okay. I never like an "okay" rating! So, I'll scrap this filling recipe.  And honestly, I did not like it too. I'll find a scrumptious one next time.

...and oh! Dear Anonymous who left a comment on my super moist chocolate cake post (this one), please email me at ldivinagracia(at)gmail(dot)com for the recipe!

Lastly, I'm sharing you a beautiful reminder from Dr. Wayne Dyer! Until next time.
"Most people are searching for happiness outside of  themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way that you think." - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

4 comments:

crybaby said...

what i like about your blog is that, it is not perfection all the time. It is what it is. We make mistakes.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

my mistakes always remind of the things i need to improve. :)

jonathan said...

I like how you keep yourself busy, not just for yourself, but for your family. Also, your creativity shows not only with your craft but also in your cooking/ baking. It makes me think to learn a new thing this summer.

ZaiZai said...

I really wish we were neighbors Lili, anything that comes out of your kitchen that doesn't look "pretty" you can throw it my way :)

Thanks for the parting quote Lili, perfect timing ang pagka basa ko sa kanya :)

Post a Comment