They all loved it, and I am so happy it was a success!
I made them many times already. A friend asked if she could buy some. Well, I don't know about that yet! You see, I only make bread for our personal consumption. I have been thinking about it though, but we'll see.

Yesterday, since we ran out of bread already, I made another batch. On his work days, the mister likes either a toasted piece of homemade loaf bread with a sunny-side up egg, or any sweet filled bread paired with his morning coffee.
The mister: Ayaw ng Nutella bread! (Not the Nutella bread!)
Wait! What?
Did I hear him right?
He said NO to the "big hit"!
Really?
I felt sad, but not mad.
Me: Kay? (Because?)
Him: Spanish bread lang! (Just Spanish bread!)
Phew!
When the panadera is his wife, he can say no and just request for another kind. It is that easy.
Making bread makes me relaxed. It makes me happy, so I made three different kinds of bread last night. I made Spanish bread, Nutella twist bread, and Nutella-peanut butter twist bread. The Nutellas were for the mister's colleague, Bryan. He jokingly commented on a photo of my bread that I shared on Facebook last weekend. He said that he'd claim his share from Jay in the office.
Well, why not give him some. So far, since I started cooking and making bread, I have not poisoned or sent someone to the ER for food poisoning yet. I also trust the taste buds of my family. So if they say it's good, then it is!
The mister's wish was my command--Spanish bread! I ran out of bread crumbs to sprinkle on the bread before baking them, so I just brushed the remaining egg wash that I used for the Nutellas. I swear! These are Spanish breads!

They don't look like it, but see its moist sugar-butter-bread crumbs yummy goodness filling... and nothing more than filling!

Sweet-filled bread is the missus to the mister's morning coffee.
Yum!
oh my, when i saw this post i wish were live close i will do ask you, too if i can order some, hahaha ciao
ReplyDeleteah....i can smell the sweetness right now of the twist...
ReplyDeletethe last pix, i thought it was pan de coco....my fav!!!
I made pan de coco but lately, hindi na.
DeleteWow! Kakaibang looks ng spanish bread. Sana matikman ko rin, :)
ReplyDeleteBakit kaya ayaw ni Wolverine ng nuttela bread on that day?
I always make the Nutellas kasi. Kaya para iba na naman, he wanted the Spanish bread na walang bread crumbs as topping kasi naubusan na ako. :D
DeleteGoodness! I literally am drooling over them right now!! :9 you are so good at baking :D xx
ReplyDeleteimmekristiani.blogspot.com
From Bali, Indonesia - with love, Imme ❤
Hello! Thanks for stopping by.
DeleteYou are just the best Lili! I could barely even make decent pancakes! Yet you make Spanish bread that's ready to be shot and featured in a cook book lol
ReplyDelete