The mister also sent me a text message on Monday of last week.
The mister: Si Budoy arte! (Budoy is so picky!)
Me: Kay? (Why?)
The mister: Di siya mosugot magbawon ug ham and cheese sandwich kung way gulay-gulay! (He won't have ham and cheese sandwiches for his school lunch if they don't have vegetables!)
Hehehehe.
By the way, what the boy meant for gulay-gulay in his ham sandwich were Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red or green pepper, occasionally Jalapeno pepper and red onion.
So, that was why the boy ended up having a PB & J sandwich for his packed lunch in school. I also noticed several Chinese takeout menus in our dining table. I do not have to guess now what they've been eating while I was away.
Anyway, I made beef salpicao for the first time last night. I do not remember having this back when we were in the Philippines. So, I guess, this is not a dish from the Visayas region. I googled about it, but I couldn't find any information of its origin.

It looked eyegasmic to me, but who knows for the boys, sometimes looks can be deceiving too even with food. So...
Me to the mister: Lami? (Good?)
He nodded and kept eating.
Yehey! The mister approved.
Me to the boy: Lami, 'doy? (Is it good, 'doy?)
The boy: Yes, lami! (Yes, it's good!)
My boys approved!
Me: Kaayo? (Very much?)
The boy: Kaayo! Wait! What is this? (Very much! Wait! What is this?)
Me: Beef salpicao!
The boy: Ha???
Before I could answer him, he said...
"Oh yeah! I got it now. Beef is from cow!"
LOL! Nakuratan ko sa last sentence :D
ReplyDeleteNext on the menu - Pork Salpipig ! :D
ReplyDeleteI'll try baboy next time.
DeleteLooks appetizing, no wonder your boys liked it.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! :))))
ReplyDeleteYour dishes always look so appetizing - you must be a great cook. The boys must have missed you lots.
ReplyDeleteThey did miss me. The boy told me so.
DeleteThank you.