Monday, February 23, 2015

Weird But Yummy

Do you have one of those weird food combos that you really like love? I think I have a lot, and this Biko and baked ham combination is one of them. Every Christmas midnight feast, Thanksgiving dinner or on Easter Sundays where ham is usually served, I looked forward to having this. Our friend, Jenny brought a tray of her delicious biko on Christmas day. I do not know how to make it so I am glad she always makes it in all of our gatherings.

This was photo was from after Christmas day of last year. Thanks Jen, for the biko, as always!
Untitled

* Biko is a Filipino dish with glutinous rice cooked in coconut milk and brown sugar, then topped with latik or the reduced form of the coconut milk and dark brown sugar. It is also best with young coconut cooked in brown sugar or the shredded jackfruit on top, then baked until the topping is a bit toasted.

#latepost

8 comments:

  1. Biko sounds delicious! I would so love to try it one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, greetings and good wishes.

    Lovely photo of Biko. Looks delicious.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biko and ham? Weird combo indeed! Now that you mentioned it, nope, I don't. But I do eat fries with ice cream sundae sometimes. Not exactly my favorite but it's a weird food combo I could actually eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ice cream and Chippy. My children eats ice cream and fries when we're at McDonalds.

      Delete
  4. I love biko... and cassava cake hehehe :)
    Ang sarap tuloy mag-merienda ng kakanin na may kasamang tsaa or coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang tagal na that I tasted biko, as in years! I can't take weird combinations since I am not so good at mixing different tastes in one. So lovely someone makes biko for you.

    ReplyDelete