Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dolphy

Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines. It was 1978 when we had our first TV - a black and white box type Toshiba. It was a dream come true not just for us kids but for our parents as well who wanted for us to be at home rather than watched TV from the neighbor's window especially in the evening.

On school days, our mother would lock our tube but we were allowed to watch about 30 minutes of soap opera during the early evening after we were done with homework and chores. By the way, that 30 minutes was allotted to watch Flor de Luna starring Janice de Belen with the late Dindo Fernando as Col. Alicante, Laurice Guillen as Tita Jo, Herbert Bautista as Rene Boy, Senyora Agueda, Suling, Tebor and Wilma. Remember them?

On summer vacations, after lunch with Tito, Vic and Joey in Eat Bulaga, we wouldn't miss watching PPP also known as the Piling-Piling Pelikulang Pilipino on RPN 9. Those were the times I came to love old movies. They sang differently. They talked politely and dressed decently. Plus, I love to see how the people lived before.

There were some movies that were boring for me but we had to endure finishing the movie because that was the only channel our antenna could receive at that time.

Among the old movies my sisters and I watched, Jack en Jill stuck the most. When it was remade in the late 1980 starred Sharon Cuneta and Herbert Bautista, I kept comparing it with the one where Dolphy was in it. If I have to choose I loved the first one.

(Photo credit: video48)
Jack n Jill- Dolphy-55

July 10, 2012. The Filipinos mourned the loss of a national treasure. He'll always be remembered as one of the greatest Filipino comedian of all time.

To celebrate his legacy, let's watch one of my favorite movie starring Dolphy and Lolita Rodriguez with Rogelio dela Rosa, Horacio Morales and Etang Discher among many others. You'd see high-waisted brief and pants, full skirts and petticoat, soft hair curls and many more. Get ready with your popcorn, chips and beverage.


Part 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 . 11

How about you? What's your favorite Dolphy movie?

Rest in Peace, Rodolfo "Dolphy" Vera Quizon, Sr.
(July 25, 1928 – July 10, 2012)

PicMonkey Collage 1PicMonkey Collage

(photo source)

4 comments:

joanne said...

Sorry naman, I don't have one, hindi ko siya naging favorite e.. Pero he sure is one big loss from the showbiz industry esp sa comedy scene! RIP Dolphy!

ZaiZai said...

I have a favorite, though I can't recall the title. He played the role of a gay man and had to take care of a kid.

Ngayon ko lang nalaman na remake pala ang Jack and Jill nina Sharon. I love that movie too..

RIP Dolphy, it's sad na wala na tayong Comedy King, he truly is a gem.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

That's true. He'll be missed.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I think that's "Ang Tatay Kong Nanay" with Nino Muhlach. I think I was around 5 or 6 when it was shown in the movies.

Post a Comment