Monday, February 6, 2012

An Accent

This was in my draft since 2009. What the!










































So anyway, I was watching Taken one evening. It's a movie about a former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Operative who tracked down his daughter who was kidnapped during her travel in France.

Last quarter of the movie, the boy came in and watched it with me.

Jason: Ma, who's he?
Me: Liam Neeson.
Jason: He has an accent!
Me: O. (Yes). Irish.

I was trying to concentrate on the movie that was why my answers were short. Then he kept quiet and watched again. ...intently until the end.

Jason: Wow! He's amazing! He sounds like he's a superhero. Ma, I think I want an accent too
Me: Naa man kay accent. (You have an accent.)
Jason: No, I don't!
Me: Yes you do.
Jason: Ma, stop it!
Me: Naa lagi! Pagbinisaya in your American accent! (Yes you do. Speak in Bisaya in your American accent.

Problem solved!


4 comments:

R. Joy de Leon said...

Hahah! You always have funny moments with Jason Ms. lili :)

I also saw the movie on DVD and it's a good one. Like how it shows the father's love for his child and how children should be taking care and listening to their parents' advice.

Julienne said...

lol naisahan :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I love that movie too.

My lil sis said that our daily conversation at home seems like a funny TV sitcom.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

hehehe. kung kinsa ra gyud maka-una.

Post a Comment