Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sinulog

I told the Mister that I missed the Philippines. I told him it's been a while since we last celebrated Sinulog in Cebu. As I remember, the last time I was in Cebu for the annual mardi gras was back in 1994.
For my non-Filipino readers, Sinulog is an annual festival held on the third Sunday of January in Cebu City, Philippines. The festival commemorates the Cebuano people's pagan origin, and their acceptance of Roman Catholicism. The festival features a street parade with participants in bright coloured costumes dancing to the rhythm of drums, trumpets and native gongs. Recently, the festival has been promoted as a tourist attraction, with a contest featuring contingents from various parts of the country.(source)

My son overheard the conversation.

Jason: Ma, what's Sinulog?

I answered him that it's an annual celebration in Cebu City, Philippines and yada yada yada...
...and then I showed him this video.


While watching part 0:44...

Jason: What did they say?
Me: They said *"Pit Señor!"
Jason: Why are they saying that? How odd!
Me: Huh?
Jason: Why do you shout "Pits and Yours" during Sinulog?

LOL

Until here! PITS and YOURS! VIVA PIT SEÑOR!


*Pit Señor ( to call on Señor Sto. Nino. Señor is used as a title of respect to the child Jesus. )

8 comments:

leonayuk said...

Kadugayan mapareho na ni sa Brazil nga sexy ang suot. Mutan-aw na ko anang panahona. hehehe

Christina said...

Pit Senyor Lili! Aligre kaayo ang Sinulog gahapon! It just gets better and better every year =)

R. Joy de Leon said...

Pit Senyor, Ms. Lili! :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Ikaw una! hehehehe Kay aron manan-aw mi.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

i agree. grabe na ang effort sa tanan labi na sa costumes.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Pit Senyor pod! :)

crybaby said...

bwahahahaha! grabeha aning utok ni budoy oi, quadruple sa imoha.hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Pits and yours y'all !....I mean Viva Pit Señor !!!-Ate

Post a Comment