Monday, July 26, 2021

Nostalgia

 Working late, and finishing some notes for tomorrow's grind. 

Suddenly, I was feeling nostalgic. 

* BIG SIGH!

I miss people very significant to me that have crossed over to the eternal world. I just wish I can hear their voices all over again. Most of them left when there were no unlimited wifi yet---when communication wasn't as accessible like today. 

I used to write them letters, cards and enclose photos of us, and especially of the kids.  

When I am feeling this way, I usually drown myself in music. I listen to my favorite singable songs. The problem is I want to sing along to these tunes too. 

This is what I always do while gardening. Rather than feeling sad of a situation I have no control over anymore, I keep myself busy. 

I garden.

I walk.

I sing.

It is 41 minutes past midnight here. I really want to sing my nostalgia out loud, but everyone in my part of the world is asleep. I do not want the neighbors to call the police, and report me for public disturbance. 

So, I decided to write about it instead. 

By the way, I wanted to sing this song by Sara Bareilles. 


...and I will call my mother in California tomorrow. I always make sure to call her on Mondays in the afternoon after I pack and ship items in the morning. It's a routine I program myself to do. 


2 comments:

SGRMSE. said...

miss divine! (because your blog url is lildivine, hehe) THANK YOU for letting me know about the issues on my blogger profile—i've rectified them and that thing was clearly out of date. thank goodness for your son! ♡

appreciate both your lovely comments and i appreciate your vote of confidence for my being led to what i'm meant to do. often times, my prayer is for Him to show me my purpose. it's hard not getting these direct answers but i guess it's just His way of teaching me to improve my patience(!!)

growing up, my mom used to say that if you really, really miss someone and they had no way of reaching you in the real world, they would always come to you in dreams. i really love singing, too—it always liberates me and sometimes it helps me have a good (needed) cry.

thanks for sharing that bareilles song. i've never heard it before. the only ballad i know from her is "Gravity."

suituapui said...

Oooooo...I so love this song!!!
Listen to this cover by a Filipino singer - I think he's a transgender. Such a beautiful rendition, so touching!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqYGWUuOJM

Post a Comment