Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Just in Time

 Done packing all 8 sold items 30 minutes before the post office closed at 5 PM yesterday! Phew! Just in time!

Since Mondays are the busiest days for me, I just whipped the simplest dish I can think of for lunch.

I made sautéed mixed vegetables (okra, long beans, and squash). Typically, this Filipino dish called Pinakbet is cooked with pork and salted shrimp paste. Since the mister and I opted to remove animal meat and products as much as we can in our diet, those 2 ingredients were omitted. 

I was so grateful that I got to squeeze in gardening before the day got dark. My Asiatic lilies and hydrangeas are all in full bloom at this time of the year. 



Honestly, the perennial flowering plants are the ones that I ignore in the garden, and every time they bear these beautiful flowers generously, I sincerely feel guilty.

Today will be spent for a little work, and maybe transplant some of the seedlings I planted from seeds a few weeks ago--- green long beans, love-in-a puff vines, bitter melons, zucchini, and some butternut squash.


1 comment:

Twilight Man said...

I am very amazed that you could sell vintage things so easily, knowing what are the consumer needs. I have lots of porcelain, wooden carvings and basket antiques that date up to over 100 years. I think I will sell them online too, someday.

I missed seeing all the blooming flowers of Spring in America. They bring smiles to our heart and souls.

Post a Comment