Thursday, April 16, 2015

Shopping Adventures: Proudly Philippine Something

I wonder sometimes why there is no so called Philippine leather. The people I know who owns extremely expensive bags (I mean those $5,000 and up!) said that the feel of Italian leather is just different from all leathers. I wonder how they treat their leathers in Italy? I know some of these expensive leathers are from cows, pigs, ostriches, crocodiles, snakes, and emus. The Philippines has those kinds of leather sources too, especially pigs and cows. But how come there is no such thing as a Philippine leather?

And how come there isn't anything "Philippine something!"

There is a:
Fiji water (the brand)
Swiss Miss (another brand, as well)
Peruvian coffee
Peruvian chicken
Russian roulette
Chinese take-out
Hungarian Rhapsody
Thai iced tea
Mai Thai
Muay Thai
French fries
Mongolian beef
French macaron
French bread
Japanese paper (or papel de Hapon)
Japanese lanterns
Colombian coffee
cafe Americano
Dutch oven
Burmese cat
Persian rug
African violet
African safari
Turkish delight
Belgian waffle
Belgian chocolate
Chilean sea bass
Egyptian cotton
Swedish massage
Vietnamese coffee

What else?!

Oops! I almost forgot the all time favorite of the mister, my homemade Spanish bread! There is even an Arabian night! How about a Polish remover! Not to forget the Brazilian wax!

Well, there is a Manila paper, but it's just one part of the Philippines. I want a Philippine something!

Lo and behold!

At long last, there is one thing that separates from all of its kind in the world. I just found out about it from my trip at the grocery store--- that Philippine mangoes is totally different from just any other mango!

Who cares if there is no Philippine leather! I realized from too much thinking about it that all pork skins in my home country are made into chicharon (pork rinds)!

Now, I can keep quiet.

Hail to Philippine mangoes!

Untitled

I heart you for stopping by! Until next time.


11 comments:

yccos said...

Makes me want to research about it.. hehehe... Coolness!

ZaiZai said...

I heart you for posting this Lili!

We owe a big thank you to mangoes for they seem to be the only "Philippine something" :)

Joy said...

Hi Lilli. Just want to thank you for your heartfelt comment in my blog. I really appreciate it.
By the way, don't worry, we Filippinos are over the world naman:)

trishie said...

You can also add to your list "Singapore Sling" Lol. We love the dried Philipine mangoes! The brand we get here is called 3D

stevevhan said...

Ou nga naman bakit walang Phil leather kung tutuusin my markina tayu? hail to PH mangoes indeed! masarap ang fresh at dried version. :)

Pao Kun said...

Natuwa naman ako dito. :) Philippine mango for the win! ~

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

YES! :D

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

You are welcome, Ate Joy!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

I have heard about the Singapore Sling but never tried it yet.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

One time in the early 80s, my father shopped for a pair of shoes in a boutique in Italy, and it said made in the Philippines. For sure, it was made in Marikina.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Hey, Pao! Welcome back. Ang natagal mong di nagparamdam!

Post a Comment