Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I Need a Picker Upper

That's what I told the boy yesterday. 

On Monday I went in for my immunotheraphy. I was told I was due for my shots again in 3 weeks. 

Yehey! 

For awhile it was done every week. I honestly don't mind the pinches of 4 needles, and then feeling the pain, then holding myself from itching my red, swollen and hot arms after. I just don't like going out of the house. 

I haven't been feeling my best self for 2 days.  I didn't have fever, but I felt tired, and sleepy.

After I had my coffee and Spanish bread yesterday morning, I fell asleep in the living room. I didn't go to work at all. 

I felt the boy putting a blanket on me. Then I felt his head resting gently on my leg.

"I need a picker upper, 'doy!"

"Have an iced coffee, Ma." he suggested. 

Honestly, nothing in mind made me get so excited--- not even the idea of gardening, having a cup of Joe, sewing, thrifting, going to the fabric store, or watching an uninterrupted KDrama. 

In the afternoon, I felt the same. My natural pretty and energetic self was just so elusive.

Then just after dinner, the universe brought it back. 

I sold 8 vintage items worth  $500 from 2 of my online stores. That is 1900% profit.

The chaching chaching got me so excited. That is indeed a wonderful picker upper. 

Today, I woke up early to ship 8 items. Although the boy offered his help, but I declined. I had to because no one else really knows how to do my job, not even the mister. It is a one woman show. 

In a world full of millions of choices, these buyers from all over the world bought an item from me--- just a speck of dust within the online world. 

And with that, I am truly blessed, and sincerely grateful. 



3 comments:

Twilight Man said...

How I wish I have a good son like yours! Maybe I should keep cats so that they could cuddle me when I am tired and sick. Get well soon Lili.

crybaby said...

Get well soon... The boy is the sweeres

Julienne said...

That's a relief. Get well soon!

Post a Comment