Sunday, May 10, 2015

Today: Sunday

It's Mother's day today. I slept so late last night, and watched Korean dramas until a little over 3 a.m. I refused to get out of bed early, but the mister woke me up and greeted me "Happy Mother's Day!". He also left after that for his morning mountain bike ride.

While he was away, I got up. I had to. I forgot that I needed to answer emails, inquiries, and finalize some things for an event in the Philippines that my little sister and I are organizing from across the ocean. The mister got back after a couple of hours just in time for our lunch. Our weekend front yard chores weren't finished yesterday because we ran out of materials. So, we went to Home Depot on Mother's Day. It's a home improvement store in the U.S.

We bought 6 large sacks of mulch. We purchased our flowers yesterday already. After the mister loaded our purchases in the trunk, I wheeled the shopping cart back to the store. A store lot attendant took my empty cart halfway before I reached the space where they all parked the shopping carts. He said:

"Thanks! Happy Mother's Day!"

"You too!",I answered.

After I spill those two words out was when I realized the clerk didn't wished me to have a great or a nice day and sometimes a "God bless you" as they usually wish me after I pay or leave the store. I normally and automatically greets back with a "You too!". What was also worst about it was the store clerk was male.

Oops.



2 comments:

yccos said...

Hahaha.. Then, most likely the greeting is for his mom! Hahaha.. Happy Mother's Day!

Marjorie said...

Hahaha... That's funny. An officemate of mine has mistakenly greeted me Happy Mother's Day too! Oh yeah, Happy Mother's Day!

Post a Comment