It's officially autumn, and my summer blooms are mostly gone. There are a few that are left though, and of course, I picked some of them for my office/dining room.

Salvias, chrysanthemums, mini roses, and zinnias
Yesterday, I went to my doctor. I hate going, but I had to.
Nurse: Hi, Mrs. Gracia! How are you doing?
That's how she calls me. I guess, she finds Divinagracia long, or maybe she thinks that the Divina is a second name, and not part of my last name. Hehehe. It's fine though. She didn't commit a crime. No big deal!
Me: I am doing great. How about you?
Nurse: I am good too. By the way, I met your brother yesterday. His name is Jay, right?
A short awkward silence.
Me: Hehehe. He's my husband.
This was not the first time that the people we meet thinks that we're siblings or related other than as a husband and a wife. As far as I can remember, there were more than two occasions that this happened. One time, I introduced the mister to a husband of a friend from high school, Sandy. She really asked me if they could come to my parents' house in the Philippines so we could introduce our husbands. In our batch, we were two of those who got married right after we finished college.
Sandy: Yan, akong husband, Lee. Lee, si Lilian. (Yan, my husband, Lee. Lee, this is Lilian.)
Lee is not his real name. Sadly, their marriage didn't work out and Lee became a former husband to Sandy about four years later.
Me: Hi, Lee.
Before I could introduce the mister, he reached out his hand to Lee...
The mister: Jay!
Then Jay and Lee shook hands after I hugged the couple. They didn't stay long though since, just like I was, Sandy was breast feeding her daughter. Our daughters were of the same age. We gave birth just a month apart. But before they left...
Lee: Yan, asa man imong husband. Wa lagi nimo gipa-ila-ila namo? (Yan, where's your husband. Why didn't you introduce him to us?)
Me: Ha? Si Jay diay? (Ha? What about Jay?)
Him: Ha?! Abi ko'g imong cousin ni si Jay! (Ha?! I though Jay is your cousin!)
No, he wasn't kidding. Hahahahaha.
Well, anyway, about my doctor's visit, I truly thank God for I am doing great. Test results are benign, and I lost weight. Yay!
Yay! Funny that when I was called by the mom of my student to chit chat with her one time, another mom came and asked me if she was my wife. Another time, I was sent by a mom out of the village on her golfcart and another person saw us and said we were happy together. Yes, I am happily married in the eyes of the people, lol!
ReplyDelete