Sunday, June 13, 2021

Early on Saturday Morning

 I meant, not early but mid-morning. I just consider it early because I normally sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays. 

The mister dragged me out of bed to go downtown because it's record store day. He wanted to buy a couple of vinyl records at one of his favorite record stores. By Friday, he already told me what he wanted to get, and it's a limited edition clear vinyl by Penrose. (This one!)

We went on our separate ways when we arrived there--- him to the record store, and I went to the thrift store. It's about a 4-minute walk on the opposite end from the mister's destination.

At the thrift store, I didn't see any vintage clothing for my price range to resell. However, I found a 1959 French flashcard set for $0.50. I also found a new but not in a box Küchenprofi black oven-safe mini pot for a dollar. 


We didn't have breakfast before leaving the house, and decided to stop at Cafe Bueno, a locally owned Mexican restaurant also located in downtown, for their all-day breakfast. 

I had the one with 2-over medium eggs, and he had the one with scrambled eggs and avocado.

We also had Horchata. (photo above)

By the way, between the two orders, I wished I also got the same as the mister's. Loved the smoky taste of the scrambled eggs. 

We went home after our blunch. That's how my daughter calls brunch but closer to lunch. 

I visited my garden when we got home because I wasn't able to since yesterday morning. It rained all day on Friday.

I needed to stake my leaning carrots. The plants couldn't carry the weight of their white lace-looking blooms.


Because we left the house without having our morning coffee yet, we opted to have a cup for our afternoon snacks with egg crackers and our last three Uraro cookies. 


By the way, back to record store day, I heard that the first person in line arrived at 2 AM. When the mister arrived at the store at 10ish this morning, the line was still long. 

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss record store day is all about. I just go with the mister on ordinary days for the free bin. Read: FREE! Free vinyl records, cassette tapes, music magazines, and CD. But, there is no guarantee that this bin is always outside the store daily, and the condition of these items are perfect.

1 comment:

Twilight Man said...

Vinyl records are still popular with collectors at our flea markets.

Post a Comment