Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Do not trust words.


I trusted her in confidence, but she shared it to two other people. 

She asked for forgiveness, and I forgave her. 

She truly mattered. That was how I honestly felt towards her.

She did it again several times after that. I wasn't surprised, but I was worried. 

This time, I wasn't hurt as much as the first time. So, I let it pass. I still would like to think that she'd protect me and our friendship. 

But recently, she did it again. It did create doubts, and division between families and friends. 

From one mouth to several others, there were a few shots of alcohol that was added to the story. There was little left from the truth, but it was spicier. 

All the things she told and sent me, I kept them all to myself. Not even the mister knew about them.

She trusted me in confidence. 

I have no plans to talk to her, and clear things out. 

I am not mad at her, and I don't hate her. 

 ... because, more than anything, I am extremely disappointed in myself. 

I should've NOT trusted her words, but I should've never doubted her patterns.


2 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I just had this betrayal incident very recently. So I understand every word you mentioned and the pain that comes with it.

My wife's sworn God Brother whom we have known for 20 years and became my partner in our bereavement business since March this year. I spent so many months grooming him and showed him the tricks of the trade. He promised not to be greedy but he betrayed me behind my back. I was shocked and speechless for days. My wife decided not to see him for 1 year while I cannot totally avoid him due to his position being my downline.

People will never change at all. The same with leopard cannot change its spots. The snake may shed many layers of skin, but it is still the same SNAKE that hisses. So we have to be on our guard always.

yccos said...

I certainly could feel the final lines on this post... " I should've never doubted her patterns."

I am starting the year by detaching myself from someone as he had been nothing but a user.

Happy New Year Ms. Lili and your family :)

Post a Comment