Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Jeopardy

While resting in the living room with the boy, he told me about a new song he heard on YouTube. But the problem is he couldn't remember the title and the artist behind it. 

He said it's in Tagalog, and probably a newer song. 

He described the one in the music video of a guy with long hair, and he had a wife.

So, I tried to help him, and searched Google using the search words, "Filipino singer with long hair."

And what the heck! 

Top answer was Freddie Aguilar, and I am pretty sure it wasn't him the boy was referring to.

But eventually, he found song. 

It was this... 


Hehehehe. It's 'Pag-ibig sa Tabing Dagat' by Orange and Lemons.

The long haired guy he was referring to was Empoy Marquez, and the wife is Alessandra de Rossi. Both are actors and, I think this music video was for their movie. 

I told him that the song reminded me of Eraserheads, and some songs of Parokya ni Edgar back in the day. 

He agreed, but added that he haven't heard any Parokya ni Edgar songs yet.

I recommended 'Harana.'

"Harana? But I thought Eraserheads sang that?"

I honestly didn't know that the latter had a song with the same title too. 

We listened to Parokya ni Edgar on Spotify. He loved them.

I was trying to close my eyes when he asked for help. He said he couldn't read the title of Parokya ni Edgar's first album.





He even asked me if it's in Tagalog and what does it mean.

Hahaha. I, for one, had a hard time reading it. I think they just made this word up.

"KHANGKHUNGHERRNitZ"

"But Ma, the second album has a longer title. It's Buruguduystunstugudunstuy!"

 

"Oh my gosh, 'doy! If there is a Filipino Jeopardy, and it's the final round where you have to wage your money and spell your answer, and suddenly the final jeopardy is ...

"The title of Parokya ni Edgar's second album."

...and then you waged everything you earned, but then you missed one letter of the correct answer. What is Buruguduystunstugudunstuy!

"Patay!" (You're Dead!) was his response.

 By the way, I just wished they named all their albums like how they did it with their first two. The other 7 albums were named in Tagalog and in proper words. 

2 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I am not a Filipino but I have very strong liking for Filipino food, language, songs and even this blogger Lili.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you, TM.

Post a Comment