Friday, June 26, 2015

I Thought We Were Going Hiking

One Saturday in May, the mister and I took our kids hiking. The mister decided on where we were going, because honestly I have no idea on the places to hike in our town except on the sidewalks of our neighborhood or at Baker Park. So, where ever the mister was taking us, we would go. Packed our snacks of freshly baked banana bread, chocolate cake, some energy bars, bottles of water, tea bags & coffee beans, a handy coffee grinder, and handy stove for our hot water just in case we'd have hot beverage in one of our stops. But when we got there, we weren't actually hiking.

((( WE WENT CLIMBING! )))

It really felt like a 90 degree climb. You don't want to know all the expletives I shouted at the mister while I tried not to fall or possibly die! But I shouted at him in my thoughts, while I was panting so hard and my nostrils were so wide--so wide that a child can crawl into it.

edited_file edited_file

When we reached the top, the mister told our son to come to a clearing under the shades of the tree.

"You know where the best shades are? INSIDE OUR HOUSE!"

Hahahaha. Apparently, it was not only me who wasn't so happy about the climb. There were a  lot of bugs too.

edited_file
edited_file edited_file edited_file
Untitled
edited_file
Untitled

What's great after the short hike and the long uphill climb (not really long, but it felt like it), we went to this small bike-stop shop called Deli on the Rocks in  Point of Rocks for frozen delights.
Deli on The Rocks Untitled

But the ice cream weren't enough, so we drove a little over 10 miles to Beans in the Belfry in Brunswick. This time around, we brought the kids with us. (The first time.)

edited_file edited_file edited_file
Beans on the Belfry
edited_file
Beans in the Belfry
Beans in the Belfry
L1830030
L1830042

Actually, we ordered a different crab dish, but the clerk said they didn't have it, and suggested a different dish instead. I am not sure if this was in their menu. And it was to die for. I mean, it was really really really good!
edited_file

Pangaea Panini (brie cheese, paper thin prosciutto ham with slices of fresh pear tossed in melba sauce, served on crusty farm bread . $7.25)edited_file
I never had pear in my sandwich. Not any other fruit but always avocado or tomato. The pear in the sandwich was really good. I wouldn't mind the mister tricking me again so he can take me here. The kids also ordered a tall glass of fresh lemonade. They find it too sweet.

Love to hike, but I'd always have second thoughts with climbing. My precious lungs are kind of fragile for it. But, the eating after the vigorous activity is something I always look forward to. Love the two dishes at the Beans in the Belfry. Those two are worth coming back for.

Until next Lili adventures. I heart you for stopping by.

Beans in the Belfry 
122 W. Potomac St.
Brunswick, MD 21716

5 comments:

jonathan said...

The 'girls just wanna have funds' shirt, love that! And the background while you were holding the ice cream, very interesting. The bathtub, very creative! While reading this and your other posts, I kept on thinking, maybe I should go visit America, lol!

crybaby said...

beautiful place.

ZaiZai said...

I heart you for sharing this Lili :)

I was laughing as I was reading how you hated (hate is a strong word but I guess it's safe to say that's how you felt) climbing haha. Bless your precious lungs :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Yes, you should and you must let me know so we could meet.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Ibang klaseng climb talaga 'yon, Zai. Di slope but parang wall climbing na. Kakashukot!

Post a Comment