Sunday, August 1, 2021

Hi

 The mister bought a new patio umbrella for our bistro furniture in our garden. Although that area of the garden is not exposed to the sun in the afternoon, but by that time the mosquitoes are everywhere.

Mosquitoes aren't active in the morning, so it is best to enjoy outdoor dining before noon.


Friday, I had to go out of the house early for an appointment. The boy offered to drive me to my destination. It didn't take long, and we were already home after 30 minutes. 

We had Caffè Latte and Cinnamon Rolls. I baked the rolls the previous night using King Arthur's recipe of the year.  Surprisingly, the recipe has less ingredients than the recipe I usually use. It was indeed pillowy soft, and it didn't disappoint.


For lunch, I fulfilled a promise to my son that we'd buy lunch at the food trucks at the nearby park. This event, Key City Food and Farm Market runs from May 7 to September 3, only on Fridays from 11 am to 3 pm. 


The mister and I had Vegan Falafel sandwich from Three Daughters Food truck. The boy had Pit Beef Sandwich from the Moose Pit Food Truck.

We ate our sandwiches at the park too.

I also bought a dozen pack of  fresh pastured eggs from a local farm, Good Soil Farm. I wished I bought a bulb of their German garlic, to use and to plant some. Well, maybe next time. 

Saturday was nice. It was cooler so we had our coffee outside, and spent most of the day there too. I did some cleaning at our farmacy, transferred some plants that didn't do well at their current location. Some I transplanted into pots that I put in our greenhouse, and some into vacant spaces in one garden bed. 


Tomorrow is another week. I can't wait to list new items in my online shop. 

Full speed ahead!

3 comments:

suituapui said...

Mosquitoes? I thought that is the problem here, so nice overseas, no mosquitoes, no ants...and what beautiful weather! So good to sit outside and have tea. I wouldn't want to do that here!

Twilight Man said...

Your garden certainly looks better and high class now with added umbrella. Your lifestyle of afternoon tea is what Queen Elizabeth does daily.

SGRMSE. said...

reading this post made my heart ache a tad. i really (really) miss the outdoors and the ability to be surrounded by nature. i love food trucks and your garden looks absolutely gorgeous! interesting to know that mozzies are trouble where you are, too. up until now, i just thought it was only a problem with being outdoors in south east asia! :'D

Post a Comment