Thursday, August 20, 2015

I Dreamt of Chuvaness

Mich Dulce's parents moved to the island of Bohol from the big city. They moved to this old log cabin type of house that sat on a very huge lot besides my parents' home in the island. From what I learned they're just renting the place. They simply wanted to find out if the laid-back island life is for them. Mich partially lives in Europe and the rest of it in Manila. She called me that she's in town to visit her folks. I asked if Adam Ant came with her. If he did, I'd introduce my friend Julie W. to him because I knew that she's a huge fan of the singer. Unfortunately, she said he's on tour with his band. But Cecile came! Yay! She's one of my best friends.

That early evening, I went to Mich's parents' home for dinner. Mich and Cecile were excited to see me. We've been friends for so long, and we haven't seen each other for years already. My big brother dropped me off. I don't know why he had to since it's just next door. The property next door has a very long driveway without light posts, and it's lined with big old fruit trees --- kaimito, santol, and jackfruit trees. I introduced my brother to the ladies and to Mich's parents too. Oh! By the way, Grace Velasco and Tina Tagle came too.

Dinner was great. We had a lot of fun. Our boisterous laughter resonated to the whole island. I came home at 3 am. My brother was still awake when I came in.

Him: Kinsa man to sila? (Who were they?)
Me: Wa ka kaila ni Mich ug Cecile!? (You don't know Mich and Cecile?!)

I was really surprised that he had no clue!

Him: Wa! (No!)
Me: Si Mich Dulce, sikat na nga milliner! Amigo silang Adam Ant! Si Cecile van Straten kay si Chuvaness! Di ba giingnan ka nako sa una nga I wanted a hat by Mich but di ko kaafford? (Mich is a famous milliner. She'a friend of Adam Ant! Cecile is Chuvaness! Didn't I told you that I wanted to have a hat by Mich but I can't afford it?)
Him: HA! Nganong wa man ka niingon? Wa ko kapapicture nila! (WHAT! Why didn't you tell me? I wasn't able to have a picture taken with them.)

Hehehe.

Early the next day, I went to the next house again to bring a huge pot of piping hot boiled bananas. I promised Mich's folks the previous night to bring them some. My parents has a large number of banana plants in their property, and the previous day, they had a bountiful harvest.

After breakfast, Cecile and I chatted in the dining room while the rest of the ladies were in the living room. I can hear Tina telling jokes and her funny experiences. I noticed that Cecile looked unhappy.

Me: Boring sa probinsya no? (It's boring in the province, right?)

It was her first time in the island.

Cecile: Yes. I want to go home.
Me: I know. Di nga kami maka-OOTD here like in Manila or Japan. Ordinary lang dito. It's the provincial life. (I know. We can't even have our OOTD a.k.a Outfit of the day here like in Manila or Japan. It's ordinary here. It's the provincial life.)
Then she answered, "But, Lili! ...there must be more to this provincial life!"
Then I woke up. I heard the mister said it's almost 10 in the morning.

It's true! Mich is a milliner, fashion designer and corsetiere. She also sings really really well. Cecile is the lady behind the famous blog, Chuvaness. But, it isn't true that we're tight! Only in my dreams!


5 comments:

ZaiZai said...

That was some dream Lili! Too bad Adam Ant didn't have a cameo on it, it would have been a much wilder dream no :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I remember my dreams.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

There are dreams that I remember the moment I wake up. Then when I try to recall them, I can't anymore. So, when I can I write about it as soon as I can.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Sayang nga eh! Even only in my dreams. Hahaha. HD ang panaginip ko.

crybaby said...

Grabeh ang dream! star studded!

Post a Comment