Friday, August 28, 2015

Choose Day

I know it's Friday, but it's a choose day for me. The young lady brought  one of a kind socks for her father and her brother as pasalubong (homecoming gift) from her month long stay in South Korea last summer. It was a dollar per pair.

This was one of them.

A photo posted by Lili (@missnalupa) on

I loved the socks, and I wish the young lady brought more. Since the delegates of the Korea-America Student Conference were coming to the U.S. for this year's month (last July) long affair, I asked the young lady if she could ask any of her Korean friends to buy a dozen or two for me. I use this kind of socks everyday. I wear sneakers daily, that's why! It's my uniform.

Last August, the young lady came home with all of these from her friend, Jiyeon.
I sock!

YUM! YUM! YUM! Jiyeon didn't accept any payment for these. She's so sweet! What's sweeter about her was she also gave something for the mister.Today, I had a hard time choosing which one to wear first. What would a Bisaya mama do in times of confusion? I did the "sanggutot kinsay pala-utot" (eeny meeny miny moe) this morning.

The young lady also bought a couple of mismatched socks from Daiso in San Francisco. I call these as Solmates Socks wannabe.
solmates socks wannabe

Compare between the authentic Solmates at $20 a pair to $1.50 per pair wannabe at Daiso, I'd take more from Daiso of course. I also have several pairs from Solmates. I just can't get enough of socks.

Another choose day! Yesterday, I texted the mister...

Me: Dear, kakan-unon ko'g cake! (Dear, I want to eat cake.)
Him:  Ako kay donut! (I want a donut!)
Me: Okay pod ko ug donut kung way cake. (I'm okay with donut if there's no cake.)

I was willing to compromise.

Him: Sale ang donuts ugma sa Giant Eagle. (Donuts will be on sale tomorrow at Giant Eagle.)
Me: How do you know?
Him: Abi ko'g kada Friday ang $5 dozen donut?! (I thought it's always $5 per dozen donuts every Friday?!)
Me: I'll check it tomorrow.

...and he's right!

Lili, donut do it!

I came to the store around 2:30ish in the afternoon already. I should have come earlier. I wasn't able to get my favorite---the plain chocolate donut. There were not a lot of choices to choose from, but this is, I think an eyegasm already! I did't do the eeny meeny miney moe this time. I made the boy choose a flavor for me. I had half of the no filling one--the second from the top at the right. Oh! By the way, a dozen is priced at $7.99 regularly.

The end! Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

crybaby said...

oooh! this made me hungry. I've been abstaining myself from donuts,fries, cupcakes and croissant..... but on second thought!

crybaby said...

THe socks reflect you and Brad, FUNKY !

Post a Comment