Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

I did not work in my shop yesterday. I just relaxed on my birthday, June 22. I slept in, then I watched shows online. But after lunch, I went grocery shopping for the ingredients of the feast I planned to prepare for our family dinner.

On Sunday afternoon, on our way home from a 4-hour roadtrip, I asked the mister what he wanted for me to cook on Monday.

The mister: Ribs! Barbecued ribs!
Me: Ay! Di ko anang barbecue. Basin matilapan na pod akong buhok inig-on nako sa grill. (Oh! I don't want barbecue. The fire from the grill might licked my hair again.)

Hahaha. Yes! That was so true. I do not know how to turn on our outdoor grill, and when I tried a couple of weekends ago, the fire on the grill kind of licked a small portion of my hair. Good thing it didn't burn my face, eyebrows, and lashes. Since the mister won't be home yet when I start dinner, I will not cook anything barbecued.

The mister: Ikaw? Unsa man ganahan nimo? (How about you? What do you like?)
Me: Ganahan ra ko ug tortang talong! (I just like eggplant omelet!)

I grilled the eggplants on our stove top!
tortang talong

We still had pork loin back ribs, not barbecued though, but I baked them, and slightly broiled them in the oven. There were two of these.
Untitled

Filthy Liar for me made by the mister.
Untitled

Plus, I also baked a super moist chocolate cake drenched in mint chocolate glaze, garnished with fresh strawberry and mint from our backyard.
chocolate cake for my birthday

That was my birthday celebration! I am thankful for so many things, and one of that is you for stopping by.

10 comments:

Red Fox said...

Happy Birthday Lili! More power to you!

yccos said...

Happy Birthday to the Mrs of the Mister! Your photos are always lovely and cool :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you.

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Thank you, and thank you! :)

crybaby said...

Wow! ... my favorite, tortang talong! Happy Birthday twin! I love you!

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Sosyal no? :) Thanks, Char! I <3 you too!

jonathan said...

Happy birthday again. The presentation is so lovely as the taste must be exquisite. The Mr. must be loving you more.

mike said...

happy happy birthday!!! and the food...looks yummy!!!

CaBoom! said...

Wow! This all looks fantastic, as do you, and Happy Birthday! Love you so! xoxo

Jondmur said...

Belated Happy Birthday! anyway sarap din po naman ng tortang talong ^__^

Post a Comment